Wednesday, June 2, 2010

The one with the cupcake tower (aka my 21st birthday party)








Cupcakes :D

I'm speechless! no really... I can't think of what to say... but I want to post some pix of my 21st and have been meaning to write about it for the last 2 weeks so I figure I should just stop all the procrastinating and write something.... anything! 

The problem is that I don't normally write about the events per say... more like I find an angle and tell the story through that angle... or at least thats what I think I do... have I lost you yet?

Anyway, thats just what I am going to do... write something, anything, and have a little bit of disjointed fun (and maybe introduce you all to a few of the blogs main characters who for some reason through no fault of their own *glares both suspiciously and accusingly at targeted individuals* have managed to avoid being officially documented)... we'll see how it goes... its more like a photo essay really...

I am truly sorry, I have no explanation or excuse... sugar maybe?

So we start the night with me, your dear narrator, having some not so small issues releasing control of Snappy...

Eddy: What are you doing? (said through gritted teeth as she begrudgingly posed for the photo below)
Darcy: Quiet and let me take this pic, I have to get the settings right so your not all blurry... don't worry I promise not to publish it... sorta...
Eddy: You realise YOU will have to be in some of the photo's tonight...
Darcy: Says who?! Its my party I can do what I want! And I want to take photo's.
Eddy: No *wrestles Snappy off Darcy in a none too lady-like manner* Now go stand over there and pose with people
Darcy: *Sulks* Fine! *Stomps away in a melodramatic manner* Just make sure you focus on me and not some random in the background would you.

Shit! Darcy is pointing a camera in my face... better smile

Which then results in things like...

And... this is Codie (also sometimes known as Cordie - like Cordelia from Buffy the Vampire Slayer... which happens to fit remarkably well with her character... but then I get physically abused for suggesting it. So we'll keep this between us shall we ;-) )



For the record Codie, dear, thank you for coming over the night before to paint my nails red :-D... even if I did manage to undo all of your hard work by smudging, chipping, and a whole host of other atrocities, the polish the second you walked out the front door... :-S... hey they're still good!... Just don't look to close okay... promise?... ta :-D


You can tell we are related right?

Then there was my homies!... ma cuzins... yeah thats right! *gangsta pose*... the brunette in the foreground even taught me the secret handshake (which for the record involves a chest bump), although, considering I think I am one of the last in the family to learn it... well the secret thing is up for debate... :-P



Thats the rest of the gang... we take this whole coming of age, birthday, ritual thing very seriously you know.



For the record, whenever I mention 'the girls' say "going out with the girls", "had dinner with the girls" etc... these beautiful creatures are more or less the people I am referring to...


so classy ;)

Oh yeah, let the records show... I am all class.....



And THIS my dearies... is the pipsqueak who left me to dig myself a rather large metaphorical hole here, and didn't even care to throw down a hand or even a ladder to help me get back out... Grrrrr...



And what 21st party would truly be complete without a few lovingly embarrassing speeches courtesy of former 'best' friends... (admittedly though Eddy wanted to kill me the night before because she couldn't write it and "nothing was good enough"... I think she did pretty well)



Oh and did I tell you about how, when I turned up to the restaurant and was introduced to the hostess, she took one look at me and thought it must be a sweet sixteenth party?... Yup... true story that... you can see how impressed I was :-P


Suprise! Little sis (Ariel) who couldn't be there got a stand in (our, for want of a better word, surrogate sister) for her moment in the spotlight LOL... 

Cupcakes by candle light! :-D... Even better than carols ;-P

On the count of three I want you all to help me blow out the candles... One, Two... BLOW!

:-D


Can you tell we are related?

hehehe...



Naw, the little tyke!... Now, where is my bed?...


Skip a few hours, some opening of presents and a little event peviously recorded here and we find ourselves here... on the morning after... with Morpheus' world famous (or at least in my little group of friends) poached eggs... :D

the morning after...

The end.
D.

3 comments:

  1. I MISSED OUT ON POACHED EGGS?! WHAT?! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! *cries*

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps. that photo of me is disguisting. really?! was it necessary to publish such a bad photo :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done, you finally got it written.
    And I must say that I like the title, so Friends-esque. I don't know if that's how you meant it, but I definitely noticed and am quite impressed. But then again maybe it's because that's all I talk about and its rubbing off on you now :p
    <3

    ReplyDelete