Saturday, March 16, 2013

64/365 On the grass after class

Via Flickr:
I like to chop my head off in photos... I don't know why, I guess I just like the angles or the differing perspectives it can show. I like to zoom in and focus on one particular aspect and leave the rest up to the imagination. According to my studies though it feels like I am being told that anything less that a depiction of a whole person, where the persons face is not in the picture "dehumanises" the person and "objectifies" them. But thats just confusing because as I've said before - we are not all 2D, you can't encapsulate a whole being in one photo... so I guess you could say that my artistic side and my academic feminist side are warring it out at the moment leaving me spaced out, and disoriented somewhere in the middle. Sigh.

64/365 out-take: cant decide on the processing

Can't decide on the processing I prefer...

No comments:

Post a Comment