Sunday, January 20, 2013

17/365 Harbour time

17/365 Harbour time

17/365 Harbour time, a photo by Darcy89 on Flickr.
Via Flickr:
Catching up on posting the last 3 days worth of photos... because at first I was busy and then I got distracted watching the TV show "Suits" :S... so now, for today I have come to a deal with myself - edit and post one shot and you get to watch one episode of suits, repeat. I should be done in a few hours or so :)

Today's image was taken at Mrs Macquarie's Point, a favourite location of mine but I've never actually taken any photo's there. I was at the St George Open Air Cinema on the harbour with some of my family and my Auntie Dianne was kind enough to leave the location to join me in my little photo-shoot, minding my camera and gear while I jumped over rocks and ran around like a crazy woman, oh and making sure the wind didn't blow my tripod away when it was precariously perched upon some rocks leading into the harbour :-S

I don't know if I've mentioned it but I actually have a fear of taking photo's in public... or more that I have a fear of appearing to have the intention of taking photo's in public... you know it's okay if I happen to be in a place and happen to take a photo but to appear as if I came to a location with the intention of taking a photo is a big no-no... bringing a tripod and remote shutter release and taking self-portraits would definitely come under this banner... so even though this is a popular sunset location for photographers, this was kind of a big deal for me, and I'm kind of a little chuffed that I went ahead with it :-)

As for the photo itself...

On this night I had a conversation with my aunt (who is having a marvellous time following my photos on my blog) and she said that she worries because I am always putting myself and my photos down and I should really be much nicer to my work. This confused me because although I may discuss improvements I would like to make "next time" I am generally more than satisfied with the photos I post but then I guess I don't actually say that... because to me the positives are just obvious so why talk about them?... oops.

For the most part this photo turned out exactly the way I pictured it in my head. I had intended to have myself and the background, everything but the sky in silhouette but found that I liked the slight definition of my white shirt etc. This decision made I would have liked to have tome t wait for the boat in front of the opera house to leave the image but it was 8:15 and our movie started at 8:30. As it happened the exit we had used to get out of the designated movie area had been closed for re-entry so we had to jump a fence to get back into the area :-S... I felt guilty about that so walked back to the official entry area and asked them to re-scan my ticket... the woman was perplexed and may have thought I was very dodgy LOL

***
Darcy's 365 project so far...

Much love,
D.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful photo you captured . I was so busy watching you didn't see the beautiful back drop

    ReplyDelete