Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Memories from London 2010... part 2

london day 3 C_0044

Today I am trying to be a big girl and not complain... I'm fine really!... Wait I'll say that again as I think only the dogs could hear me... I am fine really... As long as I don't try to bend my legs. Which kind of makes sitting, walking and well moving in general an interesting challenge. If you can imaging a penguin waddling (for want of a better term) around the place, bending at the waist and a whole host of other things that would make your local physiotherapist cringe and shudder... well thats was me today :-)

london day 5 E_0461

Why you may ask? Well because someone *cough*Eddy*cough* decided to do an honours project that allowed them an excuse to get their friends to jump up and down on a force plate with electrodes attached to their legs, then grab a bar weight equal to 1/3 their body weight and do squats to a metronome until they can squat no more... then they get to jump up and down again to see if anything has changed...

london day 4 C_0030

I think someone secretly has sociopathic tendencies *death glares*

london day 3 C_0021

Anywho, it wasn't so bad yesterday but waking up this morning was not so much fun :-( and so I am consoling myself by looking at more London photo's from last year, remembering a time when I was warm (because I'm not now), when I could feel my toes (because they are numb now), and when I took for granted my legs ability to bend and straighten without pain and agony (like they do now, although if I am honest with myself my feet did get a little achy from all that walking but the great thing about time is that you tend to forget these things)...

london day 3 E_0085

What I do remember is the fact that the city was going through a 'heat wave' and that Eddy and I were punished for making fun of the poor little heat sensitive Londoner's by getting sunburnt (I mean who gets burnt in LONDON of all places!). Which to me, now, seems kind of ironic as I sit here in my Sydney home complaining of this 'freezing' Sydney weather and our sudden 'cold snap'... sigh.

london day 3 C_0158

So I'll leave you with that for now...

2 london day 2_0006

I am going to go have a shower and see if I can't defrost my poor tootsies.

Much love
D.

3 comments:

  1. AHAAHHAHAHAAAA i told u it would hurt! =) the pain goes away in about 2-3 days until then, avoid stairs and curse eddy. it makes us all feel better =)

    and honestly, u girls burn waaay to easily. u got sunburnt in london....LONDON!!!!!!! we should just dunk u both in a massive tub of zinc every hour...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to walk upstairs to get to my bedroom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sleep downstairs
    <3

    ReplyDelete