Sunday, July 4, 2010

Ramblings, and a journey from London to Amsterdam...



5 london to amsterdam_0024

So, its been rather cold this week here in sunny Sydney. Even had the coldest morning in 67 years (or some-such, I read it in one of the weekend paper but can't remember which one, day or part so I'll just make up the details shall I?) and as I cannot just pick up my bags and travel overseas to a warmer climate due to the expiration of my passport and my laziness in applying for a new one (damn passports - who was the dolt that decided they should expire anyway?!) - doesn't my grasp of the English language just astound you sometimes :-P - we are taking another pictorial journey back in time to the Northern summer of 2009... London to Amsterdam...


5 london to amsterdam_0016

Last week sometime Eddy and I were scouting out dvd's to rent (due to the appalling choices available in the cinemas this winter) at our local Civic. Here's what went down...


London to amsterdam E_0202

Eddy: *spots a tittle from the distance and calls out the name*
Darcy: Oh yeah I know that one, its got what's-her-face in it, you know, ahh... blondies ex-husbands ex-girlfriend *looks towards Eddy for a sign of comprehension, confident in her own descriptive prowess*
Eddy: *Blank, confused, brows crease*
Darcy: What?!
Eddy: *Walks over to the cover, squints at the tittle and reads the name for herself. Then physically and verbally abuses Darcy for no apparent reason*  



London to amsterdam E_0178

Meanwhile, at another time, in another part of town, I had a sudden lightbulb moment...


7 Amsterdam to Rhineland_0100

After being physically abused by Eddy in the name of her honours thesis, I decided that my body deserved a massage (okay so maybe thats not exactly how this turn of events happened but bare with me here). Apparently these days when you go for a massage, they get you to fill out some kind of health form.

I has all the usual questions; name, birthday, address, medical history... occupation... :-S

*light bulb*

I no longer have an occupation... I'm not a student anymore!!! 

:'(
7 Amsterdam to Rhineland_0084

1 comment:

  1. Just write unemployed. Maybe they'll throw in some freebies :p
    <3

    ReplyDelete