Thursday, May 6, 2010

A football game and a few stories...


So its my birthday on Saturday... although I keep accidentally convincing myself that its actually tomorrow due to the fact that thats when I'll be having my family dinner as there won't be time on Saturday between work education courses (mum), amateur musical performances (Ariel) and 2 other 21st parties that I'll be attending for various friends. 

So to celebrate, or well really just because I wanted to write something I thought I'd share a few short stories from last weekend mixed with some photo's (taken on my phone so i apologise for the quality) at the footy with Eddy and A (aka the guy who laughs at me at work when I get myself into sticky situations and therefore will not get any sympathy from me :-P). They're all loosely related so bear with me...

Don't worry "To violence against women, Australia says no"... but it never said anything about violence against men... this is just your normal scene btw the three of us (Eddy bashing A as I take photo's that is)

#1: - At the beginning of the year Eddy and a guy she had been seeing stopped, well 'seeing'... unfortunately however... well her dad had already fallen in love and so it was Friday evening when she popped up online and relayed to me a conversation she had just had with her dad (which I will now share with you :-D)

E dad:  So when's M coming back?
E:  *weird face, like we have been over this dad* He's not. 
E dad:  Oh, well I think the two of you should get back together
E:  Were just friends! 

(editors note... I'm not 100% sure about this statement yet... only time will tell)

E dad:  Oh, *sad face* I liked him, he was meant to watch the football with me this weekend (souths v eagles... E dad = Souths/bunnies, M = Eagles)

Random field shot with completely blown out highlights and little ants as players... meh what can you do?

This whole setting Eddy up seems to be an ongoing theme with her dad... no I really think he is trying to pimp her out... I wouldn't be surprised if she had an RSVP account floating out there somewhere that he updates... He'd prefer the most recent ex (as per story #1) but honestly anyone with a y chromosome would do...

I think this is when Eddy was celebrating a try by the Eagles as A tried in vain to stop her barracking for 'the other side'... note her carefully constructed neutral clothing choices juxtaposed against his christmas tree Bunnies jersey...

#2: - Saturday morning...

E dad: What did u do last night?
E: Went dancing 
E dad: Who'd u dance with
E: *Shrugs* with friends
E dad: Did u get picked up?
E: No
E dad: What were u? At a gay bar???!

Wait! Do that again! I missed it :-( anf you looked kinda funny lol ;-)

Okay, so maybe the story isn't quite as funny when I tell it... if you knew him you'd laugh :-P... maybe... anyway the last story I now realise has absolutely nothing to do with the other two but it is about me and my birthday... I think... and lets face it, this blog is all about me :-P so here I go...


Thats better, I got it this time! :-D... Damnit! I think that means the bunnies scored.... grrr.... 

#3:

Eddy and I were having a nice little conversation online tonight when all of a sudden my phone starts singing...

"Colours of the world, spice up your life! 
Every boy and every girl, spice up your life!
People of the world, spice up your life! 
Aaaaaaaaahhhhh!!!!...." 

You get the picture right? okay I'll spell it out for you... Spice up your life by the Spice Girls. Which just so happens to be Eddy's personalised ring tone on my phone (long story, had to do with a car journey home from another footy game years ago which we decided to devote to Spice girls... and Avril Lavigne... moving on!)

Why?... Oh never mind I'll just answer it.

Hello?...
Hi!!!! *really high pitched Eddy voice.... slow motion too...* Is your mum there?
Eddy, why did you call my mobile when you wanted to talk to my mum? Last I checked you do have her number (and why did you call at all when we were talking online?)...
I thought I was calling your mum 
*bahahhahahahahahahahahahahah lol opps lol* Okay *phone hangs up*

15 seconds later...

*mums phone rings... and she suspiciously walks out of the room and my hearing range... whilst tempted to eves drop I resist the urge and stay putt... instead spamming my previous msn conversation with Eddy knowing full well that she has walked away from her computer and will come back later to a whole host of random text...*

Another random shot... this time with a team flag! :-P

THE END

Much love
D.


P.S. the Bunnies lost... A cried... Eddy and I laughed... and hi-5'd... and there may have been a victory dance in there somewhere... We promptly downloaded the Eagles victory song and proceeded to play at full volume on the way home... Twice! 

I should probably note here that A was in fact kind enough to give us free tickets to the game, he also drove us to there and home, and that he is an avid bunnies fan. 

The fact that Eddy and I normally wouldn't cheer for either of these teams but decided to back the Eagles mainly in an attempt to ruffle A's feathers - well fur really because I don't believe that bunnies have feathers - is probably also well worth mentioning... And so, playing the opposing teams victory song at full volume in A's brand new car (car doesn't really describe what this thing is.... its HUGE! A truck!) as he drove us home was probably a little bit of overkill... 

however it was fully deserved! As we had been threatened with the opposite had the games result been different! All's fair...

1 comment:

  1. I think that Eddy's dad was perhaps more traumitised by the news than Eddy ever was by the sounds of it! oh and I don't believe that this is the same man trying to pawn his daughter off when i'm positive he was against the whole 'dating' thing to beging with!
    AND.. how can I not possibly have a personalised ring tone for your phone?! I am outraged! I request Defying Gravity, preferably the version involving a certain someone and helium balloons =P

    p.s. when you said truck, I imagined the three of you driving down the motorway in a monster truck.. very cool!

    ReplyDelete