Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Moving through life

Do you feel like everyone around you is moving fowards with their lives yet no matter how hard your try you feel cemented in the same spot??? apparently its a common feeling... I don't know where I got that little fact... maybe its just wishful thinking on my behalf... bacause thats how I'm feeling right now... *sigh*

I think that I'm just sometimes afraid of actually living my life... so I flirt with the edges of it, close enough to have the appearance of living but far enough away to be 'safe'... and this scares me too... but then I think that maybe I'm just overanalysing myself and I should just shut-up and do what I do... and at this point I end up with a look on my face that is something between a crosseyed monkey and one of those faces that you pull just before your mother warns you that if the wind changes you'll be stuck like that forever...

Anyway we should take a look at some happier thoughts... Christmas is over!!!! For another year at least... the stress, anxiety and tention that only comes with large gatherings of family who don't always see eye to eye has passed and a new year full of hopes and dreams is on its way :-D

Oh and I got photoshop for mac!!! Which is really exciting because now I don't have to re-start my computer into windows every time I want to edit some photo's :-D (which, lets be honest here, usually results in a sigh, and a shrug, and a look thats says "I'll get around to it some other day"...)

For you of course this means that there is a 30% chance I will be upoading more photo's online to break up the monotony of my sometimes excruciatingly long and boring posts... a chance similar to that of the threat of showers tomorrow night that leave me wondering whether or not it is worth my time assembling the tent and fairy lights that I seem to have decided I would like to do for the New Years Eve party I am hosting for the girls...

Close friends + pool + good food + party = A happy Darcy (especially as my lazy homebody ass can in no way imaginable be bothered trudging into town just to stand in line all day with a whole bunch of other completely trashed members of the public for a chance to see the famed Sydney fireworks live...)

And about this party... OMG! there is so much to do!!!! And here I've been stuck in my little "post christmas/pre new years - do absolutely nothing because its the only time of year you can and next year it may not be possible" hole. So I completely forgot that there is actually stuff to do!!! and organise!!! and Now I must do it ALL tomorrow!!! *eek* (the little procrastinating perfectionist that I am runs for the hills and hides in a deep dark corner of a mystical cave where time doesn't exist and no one can find her, taking slow deep breaths to try to compose herself)

Apart from all that I'm excited :-D I love playing host... it gives me something to do and generally means that I can actually enjoy myself instead of concetrating on being social all day :-D

(am I using to many emoticons today??? I think I am using to many emoticons...)

Anywho, that was slightly random and all over the place, but I just felt the need to write something... and this is what came out...
nighty night
D.

P.S. If i forget (like I did with Christmas...) HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!! :-D

1 comment:

  1. have fun - but yeh there is heaps do do!!!!!
    michael

    ReplyDelete