Saturday, November 21, 2009

A night at the cinema

I WON! I WON! (does anyone else notice how strange that word looks in caps? Like its missing some letters or something?)… I BEAT THEM!... umm, err, I mean – I WON!!!!!! :D

My life has now been fulfilled and I may die a happy woman. The world has meaning today and life is good lol :P

Okay, so, I don’t know what everyone else does whne they go to the movies… but for my old school buddies and I, well, the best part is before it begins… during the previews… that’s where all the important stud happens… that’s where the games begin *insert evil laugh here* 

(And I always feel sorry for all the other poor sods who have to share a movie cinema with us… opps… we’re not exactly a quiet bunch, and have a tendency to wear our hearts/judgments on our sleeves (and we have no issues with voicing these opinions with volume, although I claim that for me its an involuntary motion that I have no control over whatsoever… but we’re getting a little off topic here…)

So here are the rules; its quite simple really… movie trailer comes on and the first to correctly “name that movie” gets bragging rights for the rest of the movie (or at least until the next movie trailer comes on :P)

Now there are two in our group (sometimes three but on the night in question there were two so we’ll leave it at that) who are just so quick (and by quick I mean that the music comes on and about 2 micro-seconds later – before even any footage has been shown – they’re already whisper-screaming out the name) that the rest of us have given up and just sit back with our popcorn enjoying the show… after all this is entertainment at its finest.

What’s that I hear? You are disappointed in me for giving up so easily? I should try harder you say???

Well… ‘Sor-ry!’ I don’t spend all my free time trawling the internet (youtube) for all the forthcoming movie’s and their respective previews (*cough cough* you know who you are, but what would we do without you ;P) And anyway… I have issues with names… ask me for its storyline or what the critics are saying about it and I’m good but for goodness sake don’t ask me its name!!!

Anywho, last night we were sitting in the theatre watching the previews before New Moon (omg soooooo much better than Twilight. In fact, I’d go as far as to say that it’s the best movie adaptation of a book that I’ve seen in a looooooooooooong time – well since the Lord of the Rings at least… but I haven’t actually read that book so it doesn’t really count). About 2 or 3 trailers have already played, can’t remember what they were but that’s not important to the story anyway – then… an new one comes up on the screne and… *silence* … the cicada orchestra chimes in and pins all over the world can be heard dropping… what?! No urgent naming of that movie? Oh no! The world is about to end! Armageddon is here!!!!

But wait!... I know this one!!! No really… I KNOW THIS ONE!!!

But I can’t remember the name *sheepish grin*…. Argh! What is it! Oooo, I know… it’s the one advertised on my slushi cup! Damn this light, I can’t see a thing!... Ahh that’s it AVATAR! AVATAR! Lol I got it! I got it! *bobs up and down doing a happy dance in the middle of a full cinema*… its AVATAR! :D

Heheheheheheheheheeeeeee….

I won! My life is fulfilled… :D… and then the movie starts… which is why I still have bragging rights :D hehehehehe :P

And on with the show!

D.

No comments:

Post a Comment