Sunday, May 3, 2009

I'm so old!!!! *sobs histerically*

Okay now I must warn you that I am writing this whilst still in a very emtotional state... I normally wait patiently until I can see the funny side of something before blogging about it but this time for some reason I don't think its going to happen. I apologise for the high pitch of my voice as I speeak and I hope you can all lip sink because you will either be deaf or I will be speaking in notes only dogs can hear by the end of this...

Right, apologies made, lets go back to the start.

This Friday, the 8th of May 2009, marks the 20th aniversary of my birth... Unlike most of my cohorts -well until about 20 minutes ago - I was not dreading this milestone (well the only part I was dreading was the 20 and NBK part but I could live with that if I had no choice). Actually I was a little excited to finally be reaching an age where people can no longer lump me in with the group more commonly known as "teens these days"...

that was until my baby cousin (who is 6 by the way) found out how old I was.... do you know what his reply was???

WHEN ARE YOU GETTING MARRIED THEN?!!!!!!!!

WTF?!?!?!?!?!? Ahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!! HELP!!!!!! These questions are not supposed to be popping up for at least another half decade. I mean I haven't even had a boyfriend yet. I haven't even been kissed for Christ's sake. And whilst I am acutely aware of tyhe fact that I am running a little late when it comes to the whole 'men' part of my life... I didn't think I had to worry about it just yet.... *wahhhhhhh* - I'm going in the corner to cry and sulk now... humph*

He then carried on, when prompted (I'll never forgive you dad), to tell me that in actualy fact, 18 was a good age to get married, from which I concluded that I am a week away from being 2 years past my used by date.

But thats not the end of the dabacle...

My most loving Auntie and Mother and my cousins Auntie, then took it upon themselves to remind me that THEY were each married at 21, 23 and 22 respecitvely.... What am I supposed to do with this infornmation???? Get a long term bf in the next week... I'm far to fussy for that "I mean look at how picky I am with my shoes, and they only go on my feet" (thankyou year 12 English), obviously there is just no hope for me.

*breathe breathe breathe*... its not helping.

So I think thats enough from me. I hope you enjoy this at my expense, I for one did not, and now as far as I am concerned this week will go: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday, Sunday... 6 days and I'm sticking to it.

nighty night.
D.

P.S. The only thing that keeps me sane in all this is that now, when my lovable cousin turns 20, I get to ask him when he is getting married... see how he likes it!

2 comments:

  1. hun. i think u need the reminder that u dont need a "man" 2 be able 2 live ur life and getting married, is not the main point in life. and maybe u should tell ur lil cousin that if ur single, stats say u live longer than those who are married. (btw, stats also say that u live even longer if ur single and have bore children) - men on the other hand live longer than single men. now i dont know about u, but staying single sounds pretty darn appealing 2 me - not so much the child bearing part

    lol xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh codie, don't take me so seriously :P

    ReplyDelete