Friday, April 17, 2009

superhero's ep 4 - flying

Today I want to fly, I want to stretch my arms out to the sky and feel the wind whipping through my hair, above me, below me, and all around me.


I want to soar as high as the clouds and dive back to Earth, to feel the energy pumping through my veins as I pull out mere millimeters from the surface. To feel safe and secure and wanted and loved; to have complete faith in myself and my abilities, yet not loose that sense of adventure, danger and newness that existed when you saw the world for the first time. (Is it even possible to feel all this in the same moment? are they not each mutually exclusive? I don't care, it doesn't matter)

I want to swoop and glide and see the world from a different angle. To do 360's and 720's and 1080's with out a care in the world! I want the sun to be shining but the air to feel cool and I want you all to be with me as we spur each other on, smiling and laughing until we can no longer breathe.

I want to be free, yet to be taken care of and not have to worry about a thing, not food or shelter, the future, the past, money, getting hurt or lost. So that all I have to think about is how high, how fast and in what direction I want to move right now, right this second. Which would be most interesting and exhilarating and fulfilling.


I want to spiral through the trees of the most beautiful Rainforest; to glide along the forest floor, rising ever so gently through the dense undergrowth with its array of exotic flowers, animals, reptiles and ferns, up towards the canopy and then burst through the tree tops into the suns warm glow.

Or, if the feeling takes me, to be as slow as a Sloth and as sleepy as a Koala.


I want to chase the sun as it rises and sets over the highest mountain tops and watch the patterns it makes as it paints all the colours of the Earth. To fly over, above and around a rainbow from its beginning to its end and see its jewel toned water droplets sparkling everywhere, like thousands of tiny diamonds winking at me.

I want to skim the tops of the wide blue oceans, barely breaking the water with the tips of my fingers and toes, to have dolphins swimming along beside me, frolicking and dancing, euphoric in their watery home.


I want to remember how to see the fairies that live in the bottom of my garden, to let them dance on the palm of my hand. To fall asleep to the voices of angels, lulling me into the land of nod.


I want to feel all these things and more but I want to take you with me so you can feel them too. I want you to experience what its like to have wings and to soar above the world and everything we live in. I want to help you see all of the joy and beauty in all the fear and hurt. For your cheeks hurt because the smile on your face wont go away, for this smile to be just the tip of the iceberg that goes straight down in to your heart, the heart of your being that is so full and so alive you may just explode.

I want to do all of this and more, I want to lead you on this journey,I want my words to have an eloquence and beauty that bypasses your mind and speaks to your soul, but I don't know how. So I'll fly high high up in the sky, and then, I'll come back and tell you the story, and hope, that for now its enough.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a purple star meditation Darcy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. maybe thats where i got my inspiration... i don't know :P

    ReplyDelete