Friday, April 17, 2009

Ahh the dentist... what a wonderful world :-P

Today i had my biannual trip to the dentist. Now maybe its because I still go to the same dentist that I have been going to since I was a baby and maybe also its that my parents still pay for my exceptional oral hygiene (*cough cough splutter, insert angelic smile*)... but I don't mind the dentist.

Now don't get me wrong it is most definitely not my favorite place in the world. I don't enjoy having my mouth pried open for an hour (open wide, now just a touch more, we just have to reach back and... for g-d's sake my mouth is about to split open but hey if that happens you may as well just dislocate my jaw... now that would make it all easier wouldn't it) or the high pitched noise the ultra sonic noise thing makes (its like a thousand fingernails being dragged down a blackboard - but not simultaneously... oh no!!! that would be all to bearable... they are total un-synchronised and out of time) as it gets ride of my old sealant on my 12 year old molars to be replaced by a brand spanking new one.

Neither do I enjoy having a jelly band aid put over said new sealant (because its now 1.30 and i am HUNGRY and this means that I can't eat for another whole hour!!!!! - I love food, I measure my day by food, its just such a pleasurable sensual experience, the flavors the scents the texture, the indulgence... wow I would die if you put me in a world where your every nutritional need was met by a collaboration of pills...) and most of all I HATE! having a fluoride treatment at the end of every session, holding the thing o in my mouth and having to bite down for 5 whole minutes just hurts and it tastes funky and i just don't like it! OK?!

But what I do like is having a whole hour to just lie there and do nothing (can you tell that I also dislike it when my dentist - who is really lovely BTW - talks and asks me questions while searching through my mouth and prying it open... I mean come on! How on earth do you expect me to reply?!) and just stare at all the pretty pictures on the ceiling. That's the plus of going to a children's dentist you see... they have all of their walls and ceilings painted for your enjoyment, and the room I was in today was and under water room and I got to check out the pelican who was dipping its (he or she?) head under to look for fish.... mmmmm lunch!

I also love the fresh clean feeling your teeth have after being professionally clean... I don't care what the adds say - the oral B cross action electric dubiwacker is NOT the same as having you dentist do it themselves.

I also get this tiny perverse pleasure every time they have to ask me whether I have had braces - they know its either me or Ariel - and "oh my your teeth are so straight! They look like you've had them!" I know, its crazy, its not like I had any sort of control of the direction in which my teeth grew, but it never ceases to make me feel so proud that MY teeth managed to do it all by themselves without any metallic assistance... :-P (I know I'm strange and so do you so just smile and nod and I will move on eventually)

anyway thats all from me for now... I really need to get out and do something silly... it appears im running out of material :-P

D.

P.S. special shout out to Elizabeth - Queen of toys, glad your enjoying my crazy banter, I'm having fun writing it :-D.

1 comment:

  1. right now im being blackmailed or "bribed" to leaving our beloved darcy a comment so darcy, i have no sympathy 4 u, even though i hate the dentist and he hates me considering i bite his fingers - by accident of course - at least 5 times every time i see the poor thing. :p but hahaha for not being able 2 eat food while im stuffing myself with choccies and promptly making myself sick :p xoxo

    ReplyDelete