Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Mmmmmm.... cake!

So this afternoon I felt like a bit of chocolate... you know that craving where you don't just want it, you just neeeeeeeed it - if you are to live until the end of the day and see through the light of tomorrow then you must have it! NOW!... just a little :-) *halo*

(and then please sir may I have some more - yes *nods furiously* you mean no :-( *bottom lip starts to jut out, eyes start to water, sniff sniff* oh but why!!!...)

Anywho, that is how I was feeling about - oh say - 15 minutes ago, and since my local corner store is under new ownership, well the chocolate there just isn't doing it for me anymore... *sigh*
So, I decided to make chocolate cake :-D

Now those of you who know me well, know that I love to cook (especially dessert), and that when I am cooking for you there is a clause - I cook, you clean - personally I think I'm getting the better end of the deal (of course if your name is Eddy then you don't get a choice because you are not allowed in the kitchen lest you start a fire whilst attempting to make cheese and tomato toast... before the cheese and tomato have been added, that is, bread!) because I'm not exactly the cleanest cook... now thats an understatement.

I'll describe to you how I cook, but first we must make a little detour...

You see, I live my life at the centre of my own little movie (or choose your own ending book, or magazine or whatever), basically whats going on in reality is not always whats going on im my mind - sometimes my mind can be running through 4 or 5 different 'realities' at any one time, which while making the whole world in general just that little bit more interesting for me... well, it can have some unfortunate side effects - and is probably one of the main reasons I seem to embarrass myself all the time (although its only embarrassing if you are embarrassed and most of the time i choose to just laugh at myself with everyone else)... well here is whats going through my head while I cook...

I am Nigella Lawson (yes that's right - I love chocolate, am a little pudgy around the edges and have the rack to boot!), I'm sexy and a little crazy, cool, calm, collected and everything in my life is peachy (with sugar syrup and ice-cream). But to be honest, I think any cook worth their salt and pepper would have a full blown heart attack if they saw me cooking....

Okay, let me paint a picture for you... grab a handful of flour and throw it in the air, repeat on yourself. Get out your handly mix-master, fill the bowel with choolaty stuff and begin to mix, realise you have forgotten an ingredient so add it and turn it back on - forgetting in the process to put the spinny whisky things back down thereby flicking bits of chocolate goo everywhere (your new t-shirt should now look like an impressionist artists million dollar masterpiece... on LSD)

So if you continue with this process for about the time it takes to make a chocolate cake (plus icing) you would start to get some sort of idea of what I, and the kitchen looked like by the time i finished with it... (now you also may understand why I believe that I get the better end of the deal when I cook, you clean... and why I always have to clean after I make desserts)

Anyway I'd love to write more but I have to go and eat my cake...


hey where did it go!!!
(Okay i know its been a while and I promise more fun soon :-P)

2 comments:

  1. care 2 share that cake??? or shall i just steal it? :P xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry all gone... it lasted less than 24 hours (choc cake with vanilla icing is mine, dad, and Ariel's fav... so it goes prety fast)

    ReplyDelete