Friday, April 3, 2009

Lesson 1 – a leopard will never change his spots, not a tiger his stripes.

Let the records show, that on Thursday the 2nd of April 2009, a level of doe eyed innocence and faith was lost to the lives of those recorded here. To be replaced by a tiny seed of cynicism, bitterness and distrust. Not a fair trade in my humble opinion, but, what’s done is done and it cannot be undone. (Go head – cue the operatic music if you like but I’m being kind of serious)

The topic under discussion of course is one that has baffled women throughout the ages, it regards boys – specifically boys (for when they act in such a manner they are in fact BOYS and not MEN) – and a close friends first real taste of the pain they are so easily capable of evoking without the slightest whiff of effort (of course the same can be said for ourselves, but we are not the ones on the examining table at present)

I’m sure there will be many lessons that we each learn along the way – after all the problems we face are by no means new… our mothers, grandmothers, great grandmothers and (almost) all women throughout the ages have encountered varying but similar issues on the same theme – but that doesn’t make it any easier. So what did we learn that fateful day? Well…
  • that people don’t change
  • that we as individuals will always be judged based on the other persons previous experiences no matter what our true colours really are
  • and, that if you ever meet a boy who doesn’t know what they want… RUN… run as fast as you can, get out of there and don’t look back, because if they don’t know what they want, they will never have the ability to see what they have, and both YOU and WE all deserve better than that.

And finally, I have personally been reminded that I have instincts for a reason and they have not let me down left. I should know by now that even in the absence of hard physical evidence there is something, some sense, that gives our bodies the ability to recognise things that we have not yet been able to register – see, hear, feel or touch - on a conscious or physical level.

These lessons were hard learnt, they are painful lessons that we would all much rather forget, although I won’t discuss the circumstances here directly. Lets face it we all know what happened, and although I was not the person directly involved, I don’t easily forgive – I make close friends slowly and I guard those precious few viciously. I am a Taurus, and as I fit the bill pretty damn well, I am stubborn, bullheaded and steadfast and I make no apologies for it, but I am also aware that most others are not like me and go with the flow more easily, they have every right to behave differently to me (hey in most cases it will certainly save you a lot of diputes in the long run I'm sure).

And you know the worst bit? The part that sucks the most?...

In all situations like these where an element of trust has been broken, the person hurt is always going to be left to stew over all the happy memories, and in my vicarious experience (because we all know that in matters of the heart and boys I’m completely inexperienced), will always be left longing for a past, that connection, that friend or lover, that relationship that no longer or never did exist. Because the person it was with has displayed another side to themselves that can’t be so easily covered up again.

I don’t know why but all this stuff reminds me of a statement made in a book by Ian Caddwell and Dustin Thomason called “The Rule of Four.” The book is told from the perspective of Tom, a male student at Princeton, he is obsessed with solving the riddles contained in a book called the Hypnerotomachia. Whist working tirelessly on solving the mysteries contained in the book, he meets the love of his life, Katie, however their relationship is not based on a thorough understanding of each other and is thus plagued by trouble. Tom tell us,

“And so a period of many pleasant weeks began, built on a misunderstanding as complete as the one we started with. In the first month we dated, up until the night Katie spent at Dod, she built a façade for me, trying to create something she thought I wanted; and in the second month I returned the favour, avoiding all mention of the Hypnerotomachia in front of her, not because its significance had diminished in my life, but because I thought Colona’s riddles made her uneasy.”

For the record it also has one of my favorite friendship quotes

“a good friend stands in harm’s way for you as soon as you ask – but a great friend does it without being asked at all”

I hope that one day I can be a great friend to someone… but that’s another matter entirely :-P

Anyway this is all just my opinion/perspective on the matter, I don’t know what the future holds and its not my choice cause I’ll be sticking around regardless… l0l this was supposed to be another superhero’s ep but I guess I just didn’t feel like making light of whatever it is that’s going on.

Love you all.

Until next time ☺

P.S. Didn’t I tell you guys that you were supposed to stop me from thinking over things too much?! You left me to my own devices and look at the mess that I got myself into!!!! Great friends you lot are :-P I must be mental. Nighty night.

No comments:

Post a Comment