Wednesday, April 29, 2009

I don't know what to call this so I name it the post with no name

First i need to vent... then i will get into all the fun stuff... why is it that all - well that's a bit of an generalisation but 'most' or 'some' just doesn't have the same ring to it... so I will continue with my first statement - why is it that ALL teachers and lecturers have absolutely no idea how to use a microphone. Oh don't get me wrong, they love to use them, but the problem is that they love them so much that they have a habit of eating them, that's right eating them. Speaking from the perspective of someone who is currently sitting in a lecture - look I would love to be listening and paying attention but! My ears have been raped by the screeching of the microphone as my lovable lecturer (you can hear the sarcasm dripping out of my mouth right?) puts their wireless microphone way way way to close to the box thingy that sends the sound to the receiver and I think that I may in fact be legally deaf... Oh thank the good lord... he finally gave up after 56 minutes and 48 seconds of screeching hell... I can move on and think.... *sigh*... I feel much better now, thanks.

Now, onto corsets lingerie and other pretty little things...

Those of you who know me in person and see me on regular occasions will know that I have, over the last 2 Sundays (and last one this Sunday!) been completing a corset making course... I have, I must confess been just a little (read very) annoying about it as the days approach and my excitement escalates...

But now its just getting out of control... not only do I want to make corsets but all other forms of lingerie, slips (which I've already made one of and am wearing now... just to give you more information than you wanted), lacy undies, teddies (teddy's?), night gowns, and dressing gowns and all kinds of other pretty things... (although with this sudden cold snap here in Sydney I'm starting to think that I chose the wrong time of year for my new found interest... I'm constantly torn between all things pretty and my nice, warm, sensible flannels (at the moment common sense has lost the battle, but the war has not yet been won, I think there are approximately 120 battles/days left... I'll keep you updated on its progression... or maybe not)

Anyway that's my little blah for the day... if you can make any sense out of it then you are doing much better than me...
bye for now
D.

P.S.... comments... I love comments... lets me know what your thinking :-D... makes me happy... which makes me write more... hopefully more sense too...

3 comments:

  1. well as proud as i am that u decided 2 find new creative ways 2 entertain urself besides reading men's magazines :p u did pick the wrong season...although it could be argued that in taking this up in winter, u have plenty of time 2 make all these things for ur much treasured friends...including rhonda :p xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darcy, i think you should change your course! you need to become a lingerie designer, i could see you very successfully doing this!
    And once you hit the big time, i want a corset and a navy or silver slip :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol when I can sew something without needed to call out "MUM!!!!" after every seam... I'll think about it. ;)

    ReplyDelete