Tuesday, March 24, 2009

SUPER HERO'S - episode 2

Today started out like another day, for me that is. At the sound of my morning alarm, I reluctantly got up out of my nice warm bed feeling like i had just gone to bed. I took a shower, got dressed, had breakfast, picked up my uni books and got driven to the station by the weather man (aka my dad).

On the other side of the railway though, it appears this morning was another story all together. It appears that today, Eddy was having some trouble with her super powers.

As with all our reactions to the world at large, our powers and more importantly out control of these powers are heavily influenced by our emotions at any one point in time.

If you for example were having a crappy day where you were running late to work, had spilled coffee (or my favorite, hot chocolate) on your clothes, had a fight with the person you lived with and to top it all off, there was an accident on the M5 making the traffic so slow as to make you seriously consider the merits of simply getting out of your car and walking the 20 km's (it might after all at least get you there by lunch time) well... say you had one of these mornings... you'd probably be forgiven for reacting badly to the news that your 9 am appointment cancelled and you don't really need to be in the office until 11.

I would forgive you... if I knew the background story, but, your assistant may not find the situation so funny whilst being fired for something that was completely out of her/his control.

Its all to do with our emotions you see, in this case your emotions went wild and you lost control of your reactions to everyday occurrences.

At this very moment our dear Eddy has found herself experiencing a different mix of emotions to you with your crappy morning but they are none the less having a large effect on her control.

For the rest of us this is a recipe for disaster... she has the ability to control the weather (not without consequences of course) but at the moment without her control things could get out of control and fast. So what did happen?... well lets just say that those who participated in her lecture this morning got particularly wet (It will probably be on the 6 o'clock news, I hear someone from her class sent some video footage to channel 7).

As one of her fellow superhero friends, it came down to me this morning to try and calm Eddy down... i don't think i did too well... here is the conversation that took place via sms throughout Eddy's little episode...

D - Wearing a corset to uni with white top under. Y? Well mostly because Rhonda told me it was pretentious and partly because i wanted to see how people would react. Just thought I'd add some amusement to your day. Oh and using my Mickey Mouse pen just to add to the overall ditziness of my appearance... Tata


Lovely. Don't crash and burn on me please... how many heads have you turned?

Well Im in a dangerously good and hyper mood. Lol. Codie likes it. Hows your day so far? For the record a corset is much more comfortable than a bra...

little did I know what was about to occur...

Well miss chipper, i hope you just got hit by a bolt of lightning

;-P Well i am only balancing out you. As soon as you return to normal everything will be okay... We must remain in equilibrium you see...

And lightning strikes and rain continues to poor.

Oh no! its started... please don't loose control... will a quick joke help dissapate the excess energy?...

Its okay, we can share my rain coat. I don't mind getting wet. Infact i quite enjoy the rain

Whilst on the northern front we are expecting hale and the chance of a possible cyclone

... obviously not... keep trying?!?!

Cool!!! I'll go get an inflateable boat and we can go white water rafting :-D

With the knowledge that an unrestrained power could cause I immediately ventured to the scene of the crime to try find my beloved friend and bring her back into the light...


Things appeared to settle for a while, at least thats what I was lead to believe as there were no cries for help in my hearing range. I returned to my studies...

Oh boy was I wrong! From what I can gather from the few witnesses that made it out alive to tell their tale, When Eddie warned me about the cyclone, it was no understatement. She later unwittingly created a micro climate within her lecture theatre and the world was turning upside down...

Clouds had rolled in and lightning was striking

Rain and hail were pelleting down and the water level was rising at an alarming rate

The students were in an uproar... what's going on? why wont the doors open? We're trapped! I can't swim! I want my mummy... there was nothing for it but to try and ride out the storm with only their textbooks for cover.

As i was blissfully unaware of the upheaval one of our powers were causing on the other side of the city I continued with my studies...

By the time I was alerted to any further incident, things had gotten a lot worse.

A north easterly breeze picked up to confuse the thunderstorm, snow is spiraling everywhere.

Eddy have you gone to Europe recently without telling me?! North Easterly' in the southern hemisphere aren't cold enough for snow (are they?!)... Where did the snow come from ;-)

I thought she was joking... apparently not... apparently in Eddy's world a North Easterly brings with it snow... and LOTS of it.

I feel like frosty the snowman who has been left out in the cold. Pain that i have been avoiding is hitting home


Maybe it is just time to face facts, time to come back down to reality and take the first steps towards regaining control... whatever that may entail.

Stay tuned episode 3 coming whenever I feel like it.

P.S. Happy now Eddie??? You have a super power and a whole post all to yourself (if by all to yourself you mean with me :-P)

3 comments:

  1. love the drawing and by the looks of things, one of ur worst fears have come true - extremo coldness. and just to make things difficult for u, how come i dont get a post to myself? :O xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. because eddy is more important thus has a super cool superpower so she can drown those that deserve it!!!!!!! watch out codie i can blow u away far far away wooot and i would like to point out its my superpower so it can come from any direction i want and i was feeling northie yesterday hence the northern references

    ReplyDelete
  3. eddy yet again with the self inflated importance :P and thats if u can find me first - after all, i am invisible wen i want 2 be...and thats often enough :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete