Thursday, March 26, 2009

Camera in da house!!!! :-D

Ok... I did it... I held my breath, took the plunge, swiped my card, and bought that Pentax k200D... yes thats right... after over a year of drooling over cameras and the pictures they are capeable of taking in photo magazines arroung the world, I am now the proud owner of my very own... I shall call her Snappy :-D

Of course I have almost no idea how to use the thing.

So, after I saved my beloved Snappy from her mindnumbing existence, caged within the four corners of that dark dank cardboard box trapped withing that suffocating bluuble wrap... pop pop... (Oh don't you just feel for the poor girl!!!), the first thing my post purchase endorphine filled body wanted to do was play with the her, let her out to breathe, fell the freah air rush over her weather sealed body and allow her ti take her rightful place in the world...

But first I needed a subject... Eddie!

No? You don't want your picture taken by some crazed maniac with a brand spankin' new camera?

Why ever not?!?!?!

Well guess what, Im going to take them anyawy :-D


I know your hiding but i can still see you...

Wow... now that is one awsome finger. You sure your not going to poke someone's eye out with that thing? Oh right... that was your aim! Good thing my eye was covered by the viewfinder then ;-P


Eddy, you can't hide that easily... you can't stay under there forever... If I stay right here holding the camera to my eye will she eventually give up and smile?...

Apparently not.... this one I like to call the convicted criminal :-P (I'm starting to think that I use too many emoticons... meh, ahh well)


Meanwhile, in another time and place... I got hungry... mmmmm Chuppa chups... they are just so bright and colourful - and they taste good too *smiles*

Now this one is just of carpet but I had to include it just to proove to you all that I did learn something today (well I didn't LEARN it per say but I experienced it first hand...) You see the Depth of field? Thats the part in this photo about 1/3-1/2 way up from the bottom of the picture that is actually in focus... see how everything else is just nicely blurred??? Yes I did do that on purpose... and boy was it fun hehehehehehe

And here are some flowers that will probably have no interest to you all but they are special to me ;-) they are the photo's i took when i got home from work and had a play in the dieing light of the day...

Note to self... when taking photo's of pretty flowers... remove the dead one's first (Unless they are adding to the composition but these aren't they are just plain dead and UGLY!)



Thats a bit better... notice my DOF again? :-P Am I getting annoying... cause I am sensing that I am getting annoying...


Opps! there they are again... those dead flowers... grrr :-P
Anyway thats all from me for today
tata for now

3 comments:

  1. yes, u r a lil bit obsessed but i dont blame u, and ur pics are beautiful...well i guess, maybeeee inlcuding the ones of eddy :P xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. So didn't you hear of photoshop to get rid of those pesky flowers?

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes but im not quite at that level yet... will get there :P

    ReplyDelete