Sunday, March 22, 2009

just a comment

Ahh... summer... I miss it, well not the weather really because if today is anything to go on we still have at least a few days of it left... but the days of doing nothing, lying on the beach and reading from dawn till dusk - that ill miss.

(but who am i kidding... ill still be doing that anyway - it just isn't quite as fun when you have that heavy sense of guilt hanging around your head because you are acutely aware that you have much more urgent assignments to attend to *cough* Accounting standards and regulations *cough*)



This is the nightscape view from the unit that my family rented for a week this year in the summer (ahh happy memories - my sister keeping me up all night watching her protable dvd player, sharing one bathroom and having no privacy all week... something that world normally drive us all to breaking point but while I wont say it was a walk in the park - we chose to go back next year so it can be too bad)

. I had to draw it because I couldn't figure out how to get my camera to take a photo of it that didn't turn out to be just completely black - and surprisingly it didn't turn out to bad, esp since i never do this type of thing really. Unfortunately my success in this pic seemed to over-inflate my perception of my own talent and i got the idea into my head that it would be fun to experiment with a few more images... needless to say they weren't so good :-P.

Eddy will tell you that its dark and brooding and makes me seem emo... but its in CHARCOAL for christ's sake!... what colour do you expect it to be?!?!?! (btw - hi Ed, just thought i'd let you know that i am taking my time posting this since you started pestering me about it... does it reflect your current state of mind?)

Anyway - i like it :-P obviously... why else would i choose to post it on the WWW.

(96 days until i - edit "we," Eddy doesn't like it when i leave her out - leave woot!!!!!! :-D)

1 comment:

  1. well when u get a text msg just of a dark depressing landscape in BLACK what else r u meant to think it inspires emptyness and loneliness if u used a nice red say it would mean anger, hatred and passion and yellow is for all those chipper ppl out there who should be pushed off a cliff.

    and i would like to point out its darcy and eddy against the world not dracy decided to take a trip without eddy because it would be so much better without her :P

    ReplyDelete