Tuesday, July 30, 2013

211/365 Cause I can see your halo

Via Flickr:
halo halo. I can see your halo halo hay-loooo-ooo-oooooooo... Okay I'll stop now.

But guess guess GUESS (!!!) what arrived today :D

Not one but TWO flashes :) heheheheheeeee

And I got to play play play play play. Okay, not so much of the playing, more of the reading manuals and saying to mum "You know, now that its sitting in my lap I'm nervous - what if I suck!" :S

I have to say that of the two flashes I bought (the Metz mecablitz AF-1 and Lumopro LP180 but I know you don't really care), if I had to judge them purely based on the manuals then the LP180 would win no contest. It is just obviously written by someone with a geeky sense of humour. I think my favourite line was on the warranty page where they made sure to note that

"damaging the flash inside a time vortex is not covered by warranty"

OR maybe it was the section where they leave you with this message

"We had extra room at the bottom of this page, so we're leaving you with a haiku about the LP180...

Oh LumoPro Flash.
Photons explode from your head
And light up my life"


LOL! Sorry, it just really entertained me :D

Anyway, todays photo is one of a set I made for myself this evening with one of the flashes to teach myself about the effect of different lighting angles. I'll be posting a grid in the future just to remind myself but right now its 10pm, and I have 5 hours worth of lectures to sit through tomorrow so I think I'd better call it a night.

--------------------------
Lighting: Lumopro LP180
Settings: 1/32? and... nope, don't remember the zoom (got to write these things down!)
Position: directly behind and 45ยบ above subject
--------------------------

Much love,
D.

No comments:

Post a Comment