Saturday, June 8, 2013

143/365 Winter

143/365 Winter by Darcy89
143/365 Winter, a photo by Darcy89 on Flickr.

Via Flickr:
Its been a while since the red dress got to come out of hiding. Even longer since its left the safety of my house. On this day it actually made it all the way to uni! Not only that but I had to wear it in public just to get this photo... well sort of public. Okay okay! I didn't have the guts to wear it near the buildings so instead thought it would be easier to find the place I wanted to shoot, set up and well, change. There. In public. I swear its not as strange a it sounds when I write it like that. No-one saw anything. Promise.

So there I am, minding my business, playing with the local wildlife, taking photos of myself when a woman who was a complete stranger and didn't seem to speak much English walks up to me and asks for a picture. "You're so beautiful" she says (LOL! I think). Anyway I let her son of about 6 take a photo of us and go back to my photos. But no that wasn't enough, she now wants us to sit on the rocks and pose so she can have another picture. It was just about amusing and out of the ordinary enough that I jest went along with it.

Hey?! Who doesn't like it when complete strangers think your so pretty/ weird??? that they have to get a photo with you just to prove it? I just hope she doesn't think I am anyone famous (this only occurred to me after this whole event)... she'll find herself mightily disappointed.

Anyway, thats my funny story for the day. Who knows, if I keep wearing my red dress to uni maybe they'll get used to it.

Also had a version with a slightly different colour scheme...

143_4

Much love,
D.

No comments:

Post a Comment