Thursday, April 11, 2013

96/365 time is running out

96/365 time is running out by Darcy89
96/365 time is running out, a photo by Darcy89 on Flickr.
Via Flickr:
Saturday morning... dance still in production stages and performance that night...

On the evening this photo was taken I competed in my first amateur night. By the time I went on stage I did in fact have a full performance choreographed but then I got on stage and basically made 75% of it up on the spot because, well I was just having too much fun and thought it would be a good idea - LOL!

Now you've all seen the feather-boa that went with my costume right? Well what I forgot about when I was making up the routine is that when I pole dance I use a mixture of substances on my hands to make them really sticky... sticky hand plus feathers = ... hahaha! You can guess right? It was an interesting experience, being on stage and attempting to get rid of the feathers superglued to my hands without making it too obvious that such an episode was unexpected :-P

I was soooo nervous I don't think I ate all day, and it was a LOOONG wait as I was the 2nd last competitor of the night, however, once it was all over I was so high I just wanted to get back up on stage and do it all over again.

Oh, I would also like to make special mention of what I have termed the "educational cultural experience" that was the result of performing in a strip club... I mean we are pole-dancers and where do you find poles right? Still I had personally never set foot in a strip club... let alone one that sits somewhere in the middle of the scale that goes from seedy-classy (or so I have been told). It was a private type function with tickets sold through out dance studio so it wasn't like any old person walking in the club that night could gain access... but we still had to walk though the club to get to our function room and as I said - it was an educational experience. :-S LOL!

But back to the photo...how exactly might one add some "natural" looking light rays from the right hand corner of this image?... I wanted to get some - not quite lens flare - but light ray type stuff happening in camera but my lighting set-up was not playing nice and my subsequent google searches for tips on doing so in post processing have so far been lacking :( Anyone have any directions they would like to point me in? :-D

The ever-present monochrome alternate
96/365 Monochrome out-take

Much love,
D.

No comments:

Post a Comment