Wednesday, April 3, 2013

91/365 Duet

91/365 Duet by Darcy89
91/365 Duet, a photo by Darcy89 on Flickr.
Via Flickr:
I mentioned to Dad at our usual Monday night dinner that I wanted to take some portraits this week that included members of the family and therefore would he please agree to pose for a photo after dinner. At which point he looked at himself in his knit jumper, cargo pants and tired eyes and then at me in the gym gear I had worn to work that day (because it was Easter Monday and there would be no-one else in the office and this way I could practice my handstands when I needed a stretch) and said "okay… if thats what you really want."

At which point I looked down that the gym gear I had worn (and would not normally like to be seen in out in public) and the hair that I had haphazardly pulled off my face that morning and considered for the first time that I really hadn't thought this plan through properly… :-S

And so that is the story of how you end up with a photo of my dad and I playing a duet on the keyboard back at his apartment. Duet being quite a loose term since my dad is the only one who can really play… so while he played a few beautiful pieces I just placed my hands on the keys and played a few bum notes to make it look like I knew what I was doing ;-)

A slightly different angle/crop

Out-take: 91/365 Duet

Much love,
D.

P.S. 3 months down - 9 to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment