Sunday, April 18, 2010

A 21st birthday and a few e-mails...

20100411_0182

So last weekend was the 21st birthday party of these two beautiful people here... (well the one on the right is beautiful anyway - thats Bell - and the one on the left, well, he'll tell you he's beautiful whether you want to hear it or not :-P)


20100410_0282
(and here are some of my other beautiful ladies)...

So its about mid-day on the Saturday of the party and I am at work minding my own business and wondering how I'll ever get that assignment due in the next Wednesday done (yes its complete and handed in, thanks for your concern)


20100410_0327
(don't ask cause I don't know the answer)

When I receive a text from the birthday girl... "Hey Darcy, feel like bringing your camera (snappy) out for a stroll tonight, lol. I was told to ask cos mum wants decent photos but I completely understand if you don't want to carry it around with you :-)"

Me = Hell yes! Any excuse to bring out the camera and take some pictures will do for me :-)... I mean this means I will be taking photo's that at least one person (besides myself) will actually look at!... plus I'll have the added benefit of being in a position of semi-authority, with a roll and everything! So people can't look at me all weird because I'm carrying around a huge camera! :-D woot! woot!


20100410_0236
(speech practise! - If only the party people would stop trying to walk in the room!!!)

Now I just need to figure out how to take nice photo's of people without the stupid flash (which I hate using) ruining everything!

Even better, Bell you provided me with an excuse to procrastinate/avoid my assignment... because this was a problem that needed solving... pronto! *experiment time!*


20100410_0235
(Bell has a tendency to attract weirdo's... like this one time when we were on the dance floor and some guy came up to her ad started smelling her hair like this...)

And then it hit me! I remembered this post I read on Photojojo about this thingy you could attach to your flash to reflect it off the ceiling or walls so you don't get that awful front on rirect flash deer in the headlights look... pity I only have about 3 hours notice... will have to improvise...

20100410_0354
(Mmmmmm... don't those strawberries look just divine!)

*Darcy rummages around in her bathroom cupboards and drawers*... I swear there was a mirror in here somewhere!... Ahh!!! Found it!...

Just got to hope there will be something at Bell's I can reflect the light off now... that silver tarp above us will do just fine thanks :-D (sorry guys, the emoticons are out in force today)


20100411_0178
(Oooo detail shots... its something only a photographer - ie the one that took the shot - could love)

This of course left me looking like that idiot walking around with a big camera and holding up a random mirror that she used to do something....?



(Me, that yellow bit is part of my mirror... sure made the whole process a bit like juggling... except I can't juggle so I don't know - just ignore my bra please - photo courtesy of  Robo)

But I didn't mind... after all I knew that the photo's were going to turn out fabulous - and all because of that silly mirror... you'll see...

without mirror...

NO MIRROR...

*eww*, *yuck*, *gross*!!! Take it away, I can't bear to look at it!!!!.... and...


with mirror... get it now?

MIRROR!

Ahhh... Much better *sigh of relief*... Don't you see the difference???


20100410_0317
(Boys will be boys... but to be honest this is what they look like most of the time :-P)

So the night progressed, and all went well...

20100410_0195
(She looks nakie, but I swear she was not)

I took pretty pictures (well I thought so anyway)... and only occasionally wished for a faster lens so that I could get down from the awfully high ISO setting of 1600 (I've lost you there now haven't I?)...


20100410_0330
(dance floor whoop whoop)

I learnt  lt about my friends... like we have all become so camera aware that we automatically pose whenever one is near...


20100410_0249
(naw aren't they cute... No wait! get that meat ball out of your mouth this instant! you are ruining my beautiful pic!!!) 

But I must admit, the boys were worst... not only were they aware when there was a camera nearby, they knew where they were at all times! I have a few photo's of the whole room... I was nowhere near anyone at the time of their taking.... and yet I still have boys in them playing it up for the camera!...

20100410_0212
(Hey I like this one :-))

But soon enough, the time came for me to scedaddle.... after all, I did have an essay to write the next day and as much as I would have loved to stay... I just knew that if I did there would be 'no sleep tonight'.... and a Darcy with no sleep and an essay to write in 12 hours is not a sight I'd wish on anyone....

20100410_0290
(Eddie I have no idea what you wished to achieve when you pulled that face and struck that pose... but it makes me laugh :-P)

Come to think of it.... a Darcy even with sleep and only 12 hours to write an essay is not something anyone should want to witness....

20100410_0346
(ahem... beverages... but don't worry, no drinking and driving for me)

there are usually casualties...

Turns out it was the right idea too... the other guests  didn't go to sleep until 6am! Apologies to the neighbours... *eek* I've done that once, and then had to work all day the next day... not pretty... unlike our last photo...


(Bell)

This one is very pretty :-D

Thats all,
D.

P.S.... after publishing all the nights photo's on face book i finally remembered why it is that I never do that... 656 notifications and counting!!!! My inbox did not know what to do with itself gah!!!

3 comments:

  1. stunning pics darcy, can i request a copy of the dancing one? <3 it
    and lets not forget that some guests did not sleep at all...
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was definitely a great night!
    And they are definitely stunning photos!
    I will be stealing a copy of a few of those myself! :)
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's George from Baker's Delight!!!!!

    ReplyDelete