Tuesday, January 12, 2010

the Holidays...

Those of you who have known me for any significant period of time will be aware that I am quite capeable of "going off the radar" for a while... this little habbit of mine was especially prevalent during my schooling years where I would practically sever all contact with my school chums over the summer break. I liked this part of my year... it was great! and by the time school went back I was actually looking foward to catching up with everyone...

Unfortunatley, since leaving school it has become more difficult to destinguish between the "on" and "off" times of the year, whilst at the same times many friends have come to view any extended absence from "group activities" as being a personal affront to their persons AND "the group"... a crime punishable by expulsion (from what I am not yet certain)... Anyway I must confess...

It has been three years since my last hyatus... three long long years...

And so it has came to be that one day, this very day infact, that Darcy found herself on a family holiday somewhere along the NSW central coast. Sharing a 2 bedroom flat with Mum, Dad, Ariel and Auntie D, a mere stones throw from the beech.

The great thing about holidays such as these (at least in my humble oppinion) is that, appart from the obvious neccesities required to sustain life there is literally nothing that has to/should be/must be done. No famous historical art/archetecture to visit, no people to talk to, no theme park up the road... not even particularly good TV reception (thus preventing one from needing to be home in time to watch the cricket/news/latest episode of the thrilling new medical dramas on channel 7/9/10. There is almost nothing to do... and thats kind of the point. Even the act of writing this post feels like some sort of criminal act against... something...
It is my last week of freedom before I take my first steps towards joining the rest of the workforce in full time employment via my sumer internship...

So I have decided, for today at least (who knows what I'll decide to do tomorrow) that I will not pay any attention to the time... the sun will rise and set alerting me that another day has passed, I shall eat when I am hungry and read and sleep and swim and generally do as I please... if the mood takes me I may even venture out and take a few photo's...

Wow that sounds selfish... but why the hell not?! Its only for a week after all. :D
And now... I think I shall go get a frosty fruit...

until next time
D.

P.S. Funniest sight today at dinner... 4 kids who appeared to be under the age of 5 sitting quietly at a table by themselves each playing their own Nintendo DS... :-P
 
PPS... I have no idea what this post was about... If you figure it out be sure to let me know...

No comments:

Post a Comment