Tuesday, April 14, 2009

I love the Sydney Royal Easter Show... don't you? :-D

Yes it's that time of year again!!!! My oh my I do have lots of favourite times of year... and this is definitely up there.... the EASTER SHOW! So this year, I, along with everyone else in Sydney (or at least that's what it felt like) went on Good Friday, and whilst I attempted to juggle seeing the show with my parents and friends in the one day, I don't think I really succeeded.

Now I must say that from what I have heard, I am in a teeny tiny minority when it comes to respecting the sanctity of the Easter Show... I have never missed one! In my whole 19, nearly 20 years on this Earth... well that's actually a little white lie, there was this one time... but that doesn't count because the one time I missed it, I had a serious bout of sinusitis and was finding it challenging enough focusing my eyesight on a point across the room, keeping my head up without being sick, and dragging myself from the lounge to the bed while my head was spinning at a thousand miles per hour... I think I should be forgiven *nods* well that's settled then... I've never missed one :-D

Here is Ariel:

more corn

She like's corn on the cob... what?! you couldn't tell???


Mmmmmm... Corn on the cob - except I hate corn, in fact i pretty much hate all vegetables... I know, I should just 'get over it' and grow up but its very hard undoing a whole lifetime of thinking of veggies as the enemy that should be smothered in Tomato sauce (master foods only please and none of that ketchup crap) before desecrating my precious, sacred mouth.

But Ariel seems to be enjoying it so - each to their own I say :-D

Easter show_0205

And here we have the entrance to the showbags pavilion... and yes that is a major line to get in, and yes i trudged through all the people to enter but no I didn't get any :-(. I don't know if its just me getting older and discovering that they just aren't the same value (or don't have the same value to me) that they used to be, or maybe I just don't have the same stomach stamina that I used to and the thought of ingesting more confectionery than I had already willingly inhaled throughout the day was enough to make me green, but I just didn't feel the same magnetic pull towards my favourite pavilion that I normally do (not even for the glorious Bertie Beetle!). Let me tell you... it is a sad sad day, the first day a girl comes home from the Easter show without and bags to show for it...

And following... my second favourite part of the show (oh who am I kidding, I can't decide what my fav parts are... there's more coming up I promise I'm just so undecicive today - thats what happens when you mix a post exam euphoria with a bike riding induced endorphine rush - my brain stops working)... but anyway...I hereby introduce THE WOODCHOP! mwahahahahaaaa

Easter show_0212

Now really, whats not to like about the woodchop, men, sweat, muscles and a blazing hot sun that makes me scream at the top of my lungs in a high pitched cackly vioce "I'm melting!!!!" Well its normally good... just not when your sister literally starts to turn red before your very eyes as the Australian sun and its deadly UV rays burns microscopic skin cancers into her flesh... and so you leave before yo even have time to check out the age groups competing on the day, but not before taking snappy out of her suffocating bag to get some fresh air and a few clicks.

Easter show_0190

And here we have more of the nutricious food available for your enjoyment... Its okay though folks, Bell survived her dietary cholesterol induced heart attack and lives on to save cute little kittens and ladies who have lost their cars in the parking lot another day.

Bessie again :D

It's Bessie!!!! I love the cows, I love all the animals. Actually, I really shouldn't be allowed to go to the Easter show... it makes me think that I want to live in the country with cows and sheep and horses and stuff... but then I get home ad crash back down to earth because I realise that I don't know anything about living on 'the Land.' In fact, everything I know about it comes from farmer wants a wife (a show that I love btw) and the pioneer womans blog... I wear rose coloured glasses when it come to the country and I like it that way.

I shall call her Bessie

Oh and you know why else I love th cow pavilion?... I'll give you one guess... its not that hard... I'm pretty obcessed with them all the time anyway... thats right... cute farmer guys :-D

Unfortunatley the rest of my family were tired by this point in the day and did not share my special interest in the cows... so it was a brief *wow drool pick jaw up off the floor and moove on* for me.. sigh another year I guess (You know maybe I am just denying my true self when I claim that I'm not a tweeny bopper boy crazy pre pubesent teen... there's a little of her left in all of us isn't there?.. yes? no?)

Easter show_0235

And it was time to go. But before I say goodbye, there is one more pic I have to share... now it really is my favourite of the day. It sums up everything that I love about my sister.

corn on the cob... all buttery and yellow

So thats all from me for today again.
Nighty night
D.

1 comment:

  1. nice shot of bells, and it looks like i missed out on a lot :(:(:( but its ok, snappy will tell me everything :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete