Monday, July 15, 2013

181/365 Recycling

181/365 Recycling by Darcy89
181/365 Recycling, a photo by Darcy89 on Flickr.

Via Flickr:
I was cheeky and went through the wardrobe in mum's craft room where all of the 'special' dresses (ie those that Em and I don't want to keep in our wardrobes but that are too good to throw away) to see if any of them still fit me. This beautiful concoction was my sisters First Holy Communion dress which my mother painstakingly spend months hand embroidering. The photo doesn't so it justice, it really is stunning. Anyway, it fits! Well kind of... I took certain artistic licences when trying it on to compensate for the fact that it was orifinally created for a nine year old. Such modifications include only doing up the zipper to the bodice line (how dare my sister not grow breasts before this beauty was created) and tying the 3/4 length arms around my neck effectively creating a halter dress out of it... hey, I was pretty impressed with myself :-P

Much love,
D.

No comments:

Post a Comment