Thursday, May 9, 2013

128/365 HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!!

Via Flickr:
I should really learn not to type a whole description without saving it somewhere outside of the internet... just in case it deletes itself like this one did :(

Its My birthday!!! Enough said :D

I decided that in celebration of this very special occasion, I would make individual rocky roads (malteesers, starburst jelly babies and marshmallows), take them to uni and hand them out to strangers. I think they were appreciated, once people got over the suspicion that I was going to ask them to do something. I even got a marriage proposal! (Although it was said as I was already walking away and I don't think I was supposed to hear it).

So here is what I would do. I'd grab my box of chocolates, walk up to some random who was perfectly content by themselves or chatting with their friends and say, "Hey guys! It's my birthday :) and I'm celebrating by giving away free chocolate. Would you like some rocky road?" Followed by some brief banter, Happy Birthdays and a quick retreat.

It was all really very selfish of me. You see, birthdays aren't all that fun if no one knows its a special day and there is nothing that will bring you down off cloud 9 faster than seeing someone who isn't having a good day. I am of the belief that you can't expect to get what you don't ask for. So if I want to celebrate my birthday I'll make certain people know about it and have a reason to be happy with me :)

I hope everyone had a wonderful May 8th :)

Next up - Christmas! :-D

P.S. I glittered this hat all by myself and have the remanent glitter specs all over my body to prove it.
P.P.S. I very seriously considered wearing my hat to uni as a message to all in the world that I am a crazy lunatic woman... but in the end between the rocky-road and the normal uni stuff I already had it would have been just too much to carry.

Thanks to everyone who made it such a great day :)

Much love,
D.

No comments:

Post a Comment