Monday, January 21, 2013

20/365 Its all about the cap...

Via Flickr:
The first time I saw a "flat peak trucker hat" or whatever you call them (google told me so) I was highly amused. It was 2005 on a train heading to some WYD celebrations in Cologne. If you will imaging a train carriage filled to the brim of a group of Aussie schoolkid tourists plus one random disinterested local wearing his flat cap and sitting like he owned the world and was the coolest thing in it since sliced bread. He was so serious :-/... and all my 16 year old self wanted to do was reach over and put a clip-on-koala onto the ridiculously large, flat, brim of his cap, then walk away (see image in comments if you don't know what I mean).

I didn't, because I didn't have the guts... but I wanted to... I remember that clearly.

So you can imagine my reaction 7 years later when my baby cousins strut into my house wearing these caps... and then leave them behind so of course I had to get a photo. It's not that I think they are funny anymore, they seem more common place, its just that they seem to belong to a cultural subsection that I could never even pretend to belong to... no one would believe me for a minute.

So the original idea was for me to try looking all gangsta.... bahahahahaha! Those images have been deleted - well not really but they are NEVER going online. Since I can't pull off gangsta but still wanted the hat I decided to go with juxtaposition (wow haven't used that word since high school), gangsta cap, girly earring.

And there you have it. my story for today :-)

Until next time,
Much love,
D.

No comments:

Post a Comment