Monday, March 29, 2010

Monday night maddness

Take a guess where I am right now...

No really I mean it.

What would a 20 year old girl be doing at 8:30 on a Monday night?











Well if your anything like me then you are sitting in your car (you know the one that 3 hours ago was working perfectly but now won't start because you think the battery is dead but the lights and battery still work so really you have no idea :-S) in the commuters car park of the local train station waiting for your 'second family' to come and rescue you because your dad had to take your traumatized sister to her musical rehersal (first full day at work and was already running late to rehersal when the car I had parked down at the station earlier today for her to drive wouldn't start) in the mx-5 (which for those of you who don't know, only has 2 seats) and your mum is working a 24 hour shift at the hospital (so can't leave) and happens to (for once) have taken the other 5 seater car that also happens to have the jumper cables in it!!! - go figure :-P











(the view from where I perch in case you were wondering)

oh random people are so nice! A lovely lady I've never met just came over to offer me some help but it's okay help is already on the way








(notice my trademarked bare feet)

*** fast foward 15 minutes ***

My knights in shining Honda all wheel drives have arrived, and used the jumper cables taken from my mums car at the hospital to start my car.










I am sitting in my car in my street grumbling because in the 20 minutes I have been gone one of my neighbours has parked outside my house (in a spot btw that my family happens to manage to park 2 cars in whilst they barely get one) whilst also contemplating (in the dark) the fact that, in order for my cars battery to charge I should probably leave it running for at least 20 minutes, which I could do from the comfort of the house except for the rather large fact that my house keys are attached to my car key via a key ring (go figure) and so where one goes they must all go!... To be bothered or not to be bothered... That is the question :-P

That's all folks!
Until next time.
D.

P.S. This is wasting my petrol :-(




1 comment: