Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Playing along...

Okay so yesterday Darcy went to a play... She went to a play because she was invited and it seemed like a good idea at the time... She went with her dad and eddy...

Now whilst I didn't exactly know what I was getting myself into... (yes this is a concious change of person), I did know that it was a play called 'the only child' which explores the somewhat dysfunctional relationship between a couple and what eventuates when their disabled son goes missing.

Now... The story was great... It was interesting and kept my attention for the full 90 minutes (a challenge by any means for a play without excessive violence or action if u believe all of the media on the attention span of gen y'ers)

Anyway you know what I expected...

What I didn't however is a whole other story...

But really I don't think that anyone really expects that the first time they see naked man in the flesh so to speak (other than my dad... Hey! Don't go getting any funny ideas... Accidents do happen when for the first 15 years of your life your whole family share one bathroom) to be in a small dark room filled with strangers and my dad sitting only 2 seats away (poor eddy was stuck inbetween us) and to make matters a little more interesting I got a 2 for the price of one deal. 3! If you include the woman too!

and as much as I'd like to deny that I did it... because I like to at least pretend that I'm all grown up and responsible like... but comparisons were made in a split second and then I moved on and thats all that will be said on the matter.

So, shocked could probably describe my emotional state as we left the theatre... but as I said, it was a great play. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment