Wednesday, September 23, 2009

I see red!!!

I discovered something about myself today… I discovered that whilst I am a curious creature, I am most certainly not an anxious type of person (at least when it comes to perceived phenomena)… Oh! And I value sleep above all else.
You see, when I was awoken in the wee hours of this morning by an almost florescent red light streaming through my curtains I wasn’t in the least bit worried. Whilst all over NSW citizens were fearing bush fires, massive terrorist attacks and Armageddon, my thought process following the discovery of this strange occurrence went something like this…
“Since when did next door open up a brothel?”
“No wait that doesn’t make sense”
Pulls back the blinds to reveal an unprecedented amount of red dust
“Oh that’s weird”
Rolls over and gets more sleep
I don’t know why I didn’t immediately think of all the worst case scenarios, but it might have something to do with the fact that deep down in my head somewhere I was pretty sure that had the light been coming from a bushfire – there would have been a lot more noise and had there been a bomb – there would have been a lot more noise. Also, had a comet hit the earth – I’d expect noise and at least a little Earthly vibrations, and had Armageddon arrived… well I’d at least expect someone to have the decency to wake me up!!!
So having gone through this process there I mustn’t be in any near danger and would therefore be much better off sleeping now and finding out what’s going on later.
Anywho, if the Daily Telegraph’s blog site for what I now know to have been a dust storm is anything to go by then my reaction was certainly in the minority but not without their cohorts.
Grim reaper of south coast said “the dust storm has emanated from the Parramatta District.... seems its been a while since they opened up the trophy cabinet” *hehehe* I like that one… but they’re getting a bit ahead of themselves aren’t they???
Meanwhile Annie informs us/them “A friend from NY emailed me this morning, commiserating that we Aussies are having the same climate change issues as they are in the US. Oh dear.” (Gotta love some good ol’ America bashing… in the light hearted sense here people, we should al laugh at ourselves every once in a while… goodness know I do)
Rightio, that’s about all for now, folks. Just a little post to share with you all.
Much love
D.

2 comments:

  1. hahahahaa i was beginning 2 think i was the only one who didnt realli notice the bright sky - i saw orange lighting up my room - "oh, its stil 2 early 2 get up" *snore* xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. only one regret... that the photographer in me also decided not to wake up... such a wasted opportunity!!!

    ReplyDelete