Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Guess who's back???? ;-D

Guess who's back (back back)
back again (gain gain)
Darcy's back (back back)
tell a friend (end end).....

Okay that was just sad.... lets not talk about that little adventure again shall we? good.

Anywho I'm back :-D mwahahahahahahahahaaaaaa

after a month overseas, and hitting the ground running, I felt that (read just had other priorities) I needed to take a month or so off to get my life back in order...

but don't worry I return with many 'Darcy stories' to tell (like a little situation with an online bookstore and a book that is so very not what I thought it was... *eek* - but more on that in another episode) and some completely new adventures like - "Darcy gets a grown up job!!!! Heheheheeeeeeeee (well kind of grown up, its a summer job...)

I do declare, I mean I know that there are lots of applications to sift through and they have to fabricate some means to differentiate us all, but seriously... the questions!...

I really just need a release... there is all of this pent up frustration as I try to answer in a fashion that will be both truthful to myself and actually get me a chance of an interview....

I just need to let it out!!!

I NEED to tell someone, anyone! (not that I consider you to be just anyone :P) What it is that I REALLY feel like saying...

so here goes... a job application... what I really want to say...

Name:
Darcy
E-mail: Darcy@thewatmthofsunlight.blogspot.com

WORK EXPERIENCE...
Employer 1: Newsagency
Position: Shop assistant
Nature of work: generally standing around chatting about the weekends footy/cricket/insert any recent sporting event here, reading trashy mags such as NW, Woman's Day, Famous, New Idea, Who, etc... reading slightly less trashy mags such as CLEO and Cosmopolitan and SHOP!... reading photography mags... Ummm... watching Eddy and Sunnyboy having goes at each other for this and that, laughing and refusing to choose sides... running round and round in circles in an attempt to escape the clutches of Eddy as she attacks because I thought that in this case Sunnyboy was correct... watching slightly not so legally downloaded episodes of "The Big Bang Theory"... getting caught in various compromising circumstances (I don't have to name them explicitly do I??? surely you haven't forgotten... oh and then occasionally we do actual work like serving lotto and helping customers... but that's really just an aside...

Employer 2: 'the' gym
Position: "Membership consultant"... whatever that means...
Nature of work: Swiping peoples bar codes to enable them access to the gym, cleaning, sleeping, twiddling thumbs, reading trashy mags, giving myself a manicure, completing uni homework, counting bricks, staring at the ceiling, tapping my feet...

List any prizes and awards you have received as well as any societies you are a member of: School, university & community activities: Sporting, hobbies, other interests:
Okay look here people, in high school I was one of 'those' overachievers... you know the ones... anyway, it turns out that being one of 'those' overachievers is no fun, not healthy and gets in the way of any kind of social life that I may or may not want to have... so... since high school I have made a conscious decision NOT to partake in such activities... in fact... since uni started I have basically made it my business to do nothing of any substance at all... I go to uni, I go to work, I do enough to pass, and I see my friends on weekends (recent weeks discluded)... that and I haven't had the TIME to be an over achiever for the last 2.5 years as I have been spending all of my time trying to afford my overseas vacation, thankyou very much. Full stop. Who gets prizes at uni anyway?!?!?!
But I do like to read, and sew, and read, and take photo's, and read, and watch "the West Wing," and my utmost favorite past time of all is just to lye of the ground or sit or whatever and stare off into space and think about nothing or everything or everything.

What attracts you to a career in X?
Well if you really want to know I have no idea. I don't even know if I want to have a career in X. The main problem may be that I just don't know what I wish to do once I leave uni, there is a world of possibilities out there and I am clueless as to where to start. So this is where it begins, I apply and see how it goes.

What attracted you to apply for a Summer Vacation role with X?
Its a simple equation really: X is offering paid summer vacation positions = I apply

What strengths and skills do you believe you can bring to X?
Strengths? Strengths? I'm a uni student - not even a grad student yet! What 'strengths' do you think I will be able to bring to X??? I am a team player, a fast learner, clear communicator, blah blah blah...

(on a side note why is it that I always feel like these questions require me to sell myself, that's right I am aware of what it implies, but honestly I feel as if right next to team player I should be telling them that "and I'm 5'something", a 12E, with curly brown hair and eyes... vent finished, back to the dream application...)

Why do you want to work in your chosen service line?
ummm....???? because. :-D

Have you undertaken a leadership position over the past 2 years?
No.

Please describe your leadership experience? (min 1000 characters)
I've had lots of leadership experience but to be honest I prefer to just be a part of the team. And lets be honest, you may declare to the world that you value leadership in your employees but if everyone was a leader nothing would ever get done. A mix of personalities is necessary for every organisation to run smoothly. So how about I don't answer this question and you don't read my pathetic answer and we just forgive each other an move on... yes? good :)

Is there anything else you would like to add?
Please hire me, I promise I don't disappoint in person, and in fact I think I probably translate must better when given a problem to solve so I feel good and you can see what I'm really like... but you'll never know if you don't ask me in ;-)

THE END... next week on the warmth of sunlight - Darcy gets an interview (or more) and has another one of 'those days'... and if your lucky I'll even go back in time and find some more pics if Europe to show you...

D.

3 comments:

  1. Yay!!!! Darcy's back.
    That was a very entertaining post. More soon please?

    ReplyDelete
  2. personally, i prefer reading "OK" (lol :P)
    and you have eyes!!? good to hear.
    R.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Darcy
    What about an update on Darcy gets an interview? Or even better, Darcy gets a job?

    ReplyDelete