Sunday, July 5, 2009

Amsterdam to Rhineland day 7




Okay so here is the thing... I'm getting behind and when i get behind i start to feel pressure and then I start avoiding things and I dont want to avoid this, so.... I'm also feeling a bit weird because I'm sick of giving you a list of what heppened without any commentary, because you dont really want to know what I did, thats boring...

So, I'm going to give you the funny highlights, some pics and the rest you can find out later, I'm sure I'll find a use for all the stories :D...


So, Today we spent the morning and early afternoon in Amsterdam. First was a bus tour of the city and a cruise on the canals (oh and btw its absolutely beautiful... and even better, the good weather is following us *knock on wood*).



Then we went to a diamond polishing factory... this was a baaaaaaad idea... you see i have this amazing talent where, under the right conditions (actually bugger the conditions all I need is a want) I can justify just about anything... and Diamonds just about almost became 'anything'...


Of course, the highlights of the show actually had nothing to do with the tour... they were all about a duo of slightly loopy girls, and by duo I of course mean me... :D

#1 I got locked in the mens toilet...

You see there was this one time in Amsterdam where Eddy and I went to a pizza place for lunch and asked to use the toilet. Of course the ladies was broken but the owner had no problem allowing us to use the mens. So I did... but apparently I wasn't supposed to lock it, that was a bad idea, because the I couldn't get out. Now the rest of what I tell you is pure here-say as I didn't see a thing...

Eddy told the owner who didn't believe her at first. He then tried to break the lock... that didn't work...

So he got a tool kit and tried to take the lock apart (with coins falling everywhere because did I tell you that here in Europe you have to pay for the use of the toilet like its a vending machine. Anyway, that didn't work...

So he got some other guy from downstairs who came up and with two whopping huge German knives, jimmied the lock open to save the damsel in distress... of course the damsel was actually laughing at the whole thing, and only became distressed when informed that Eddy had finished our lemonade in my ansence. Grrrrrr....

#2, the case of the exploded pen...

Whilst getting out of the bus Eddy noticed a suspicious blue smudge on my fingernail... turns out my pen had exploded thankfully not on my new white shirt, that happens to be the only part of me that did not become blue...


#3, the case of the post diamond spending spree...

So after the near miss at the diamond polishing centre, it was free time to shop or have lunch or visit the red light district or whatever, no prizes for guessing which one we chose. There was only one issue - we had just refused to buy beautiful diamonds and so were in serious need of vindication of our decisions (I dont think I used that word correctly but whatever). So I shopped like I hadn't all holidays, pictures, postcards, dress, skirt, shorts, clogs, you name it... I shopped and I shopped and then I dropped onto the bus.

#4 Damn Australian customs!!!!!

We went to a place where they make their own cheese (that they don't export) and it was amazing!!!! My mouth is still watering, *cries* but we can't bring it home *cries more*




and that about sums it all up... we are now in a hotel room in the middle of nowhere which whilst hating at the beginning at least formed a catalyst for Eddy and I to get to know the other younger people on the tour :D...

till next time
lots of love and hugz
D.

P.S, I promise to update this blog with pics asap, but I really have to sleep now as we have an early wake up tomorrow... night/morning.

2 comments:

  1. good to see you got some shopping done Darcy. That was part of the plan after all. We are off to presentation day. I think we just missed you online this morning. Catch you later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol @ the cows! "they journey of cheese" hehe
    love the photos!
    R.

    ReplyDelete