Sunday, May 10, 2009

corsets corsets everywhere but not a drop to drink...

I don't know what the title means but it was just in my head so I wrote it... much like most of what goes in this blog... its like my normal filter that follows me everywhere in my everyday life is removed and I type everything and press "publish post" before a single intelligent neuron transmitter fires across a synaptic junction in my brain (where the F did that come from.... its like flash back to year 10 biology...)

Anyway that not what I came here to write about (your all just not doing your job... your supposed to keep me on track... otherwise I'll be here all night, believe me I can talk crap aaaaaaallllllllll night)

So, here it is, that thing that I have been alluding to and kinda sorta half telling you about in a not so detailed, it works in my head but not on screen kinda way. The thing that I have been spending then last 4 Sunday's making (only three of which were during actual class).


That's right my very first corset.... made all by myself :-D

Please ignore the person in these pics (although I have decided that I like her - me - its still a little weird having me up here... but it was made for me so who else was i supposed to get to do the job???)


Here is the front... ooo look my necklace matches - sorry I only just noticed this, what a happy co-incidence...




however, this type of corset is supposed to have a big puffy skirt to wear with them. Now I don't own any big puffy skirts, they are not really in Vogue right now if you get what I mean - sooooo 3 centuries ago - and as I plan on actually wearing this at some point this decade, well I will just have to find another solution... Personally I was thinking knee high leather boots, latex mini and doing a Brittany but... no, just no. So as an alternative, this is what I have some up with so far...


lets just say its a work in progress... and here is the back, you know just for completion...


Please note, that cute little butterfly on the front... I did that :-D. All by myself... its the first time I have ever attempted anything like it so I'm kinda chuffed. Note 2: is it just me or does it look like those mountains on my chest could be used as weapons??? Pillows??? Eddie don't look at me like that! You were thinking it too... they are just THERE. And you know that I always like to talk about the elephant in the room... and note 3 - they are not implants.

So that's it... I'm tired now so I don't think I like this post but I'm publishing it anyway because to tell you the truth I'm dieing to know what you think of it. So comment please :-D... I know I know I'm a comment whore, but you love me for it anyway right?

D.
(who is now btw 20! no longer a teen!!! and loving it... although it doesn't really feel much different)

3 comments:

  1. i love the butterfly! and its in my fav colour as well!! u did a amazing job darcy :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. well done, I own 5 professionally made corsets...including one tailor made just for me :)
    I think anybody who can make a corset is brilliant, so good on ya!...why not wear a half skirt over jeans? It could be puffy (bustled)

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is just so awesome it looks very professional
    Jen

    ReplyDelete